Fazlý Yanýk1; Gonul Sagiroglu2; Elif Copuroglu2; Yekta Altemur Karamustafaoglu1
1) Trakya University Medical School Thoracic Surgery, Turkey.
2) Trakya University Medical School Anesthesiology, Turkey.
Disclosure: The author has declared no conflicts of interest.
Received: 10.01.17 Accepted: 19.01.17
Thoracic paravertebral block (TPB) can be administered for VATS (video-assisted thoracic surgery) method and often used for analgesic purposes and provides good results. Awake VATS (AVATS) has been increasingly employed in a variety of procedures involving pleura, lungs, and mediastinum. AVATS had been reported local anesthesia and sedation, intercostal blocks or TEA was used in terms of regional anesthesia in many studies. We present our experience with the two cases undergoing AVATS accompanied by TPB due to such cases are rarely seen in the literature. Specially, our second case of spontaneous pneumothorax surgery using AVATS with TPB anesthesia has not been reported previously in the literature.
Keywords: thoracic paravertebral block, awake video-assisted thoracic surgery, wedge resection
How to Cite this ArticleYanık F, Sagiroglu G, Copuroglu E, Karamustafaoglu Y. AWAKE VIDEOTHORACOSCOPIC RESECTION WITH THE HELP OF THORACAL PARAVERTEBRAL BLOCK: TWO CASE REPORT AND REVIEW OF LITERATURE. International Journal of Surgery and Medicine. 2017:1. doi:10.5455/ijsm.awake-vats-resection.
Latest from Super User
- PHYLLODES TUMOR OF THE BREAST : A CLINICOPATHOLOGICAL ANALYSIS FROM A SINGLE INSTITUTION
- SMALL-CELL NEUROENDOCRINE CARCINOMA OF NASOPHARYNX: A CASE REPORT
- PREDICTIVE VALUE OF SIMPLE BIOMARKERS OF MORTALITY IN PATIENTS WITH SEVERE HEART FAILURE IN EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT IN SUEZ CANAL UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL IN ISMAILIA
- ISOLATED BLADDER RUPTURE IN AN ELDERLY PATIENT AFTER BLUNT TRAUMA. CASE REPORT AND REVIEW
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF INJURIES AND DISEASES DUE TO OVERUSE IN RUGBY: OBSERVATIONAL STUDY OF THE PLAYERS OF “CUS PERUGIA RUGBY”