Naoual Benhmidou1, Fadoua Rais1, Abdellah Aissa1, Otman Akkar2, Khadija Bellahammou2, Hasna Loughlimi1, Abdelhak Maghous1, Fadila Kouhen1, Tayeb Kebdani1, Hanan Elkacemi1, Sanaa Elmajjaoui1, Noureddine Benjaafar1.
1) Department of Radiotherapy, National Institute of Oncology, Mohammed V University in Rabat, Morocco.
2) Department of Medical Oncology, National Institute of Oncology, Rabat, Morocco.
Disclosure: The author has declared no conflicts of interest.
Received: 21.04.16 Accepted: 10.06.16
Isolated brain metastases from gynecologic malignancies are unusual. Advances in therapeutic modalities including surgery, whole brain radiotherapy stereotactic radiosurgery and chemotherapy improved survival and quality of life in this population. Therapeutic decision is based on patients’ specific prognostic factors. We report three cases of isolated brain metastases from gynecologic cancers and discuss treatment modalities in the light of a literature review.
Keywords: Brain metastasis, gynecologic malignancies, brain surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, whole brain radiotherapy
How to Cite this Article
Citations, Quotes & Annotations
Latest from Super User
- A Comparative Study of Risk Stratifications Scores for Acute Heart Failure Patients in the Emergency Department, Egypt
- PHYLLODES TUMOR OF THE BREAST : A CLINICOPATHOLOGICAL ANALYSIS FROM A SINGLE INSTITUTION
- SMALL-CELL NEUROENDOCRINE CARCINOMA OF NASOPHARYNX: A CASE REPORT
- PREDICTIVE VALUE OF SIMPLE BIOMARKERS OF MORTALITY IN PATIENTS WITH SEVERE HEART FAILURE IN EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT IN SUEZ CANAL UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL IN ISMAILIA
- AWAKE VIDEOTHORACOSCOPIC RESECTION WITH THE HELP OF THORACAL PARAVERTEBRAL BLOCK: TWO CASE REPORT AND REVIEW OF LITERATURE