Roman Romansky1, George Baytchev2, Ivan Inkov2, Stefan Komitski1
1) Clinic of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, University Hospital “Alexandrovska”, Sofia, Bulgaria.
2) Department of Thoracic Surgery, Military Medical Academy, Sofia, Bulgaria.
Disclosure: The author has declared no conflicts of interest.
Received: 02.06.16 Accepted: 31.06.16
The contemporary tendency for increase of prophylactic surgical procedures as part of the sophisticated treatment of breast cancer is the foundation for the present study. Evaluation of risk factors for developing contralateral breast cancer, factors for an increase in prophylactic mastectomies and indications for performing those operations are briefly commented. Analysis of 12 cases of the authors surgical practice is presented regarding treatment approach from the oncological, reconstructive and aesthetic point of view. Results, complications, alternative methods, clinical importance and possible future aspects are discussed.
Keywords: contralateral prophylactic mastectomy , breast reconstruction
How to Cite this ArticleRomansky, R., Baytchev, G., Inkov, I. and Komitski, S. (2016). CONTRALATERAL PROPHYLACTIC MASTECTOMY AND SIMULTANEOUS BREAST RECONSTRUCTION WITH IMPLANTS AFTER ONE SIDED BREAST CANCER: ANALYSIS OF 12 CASES IN CONTEXT OF THE CURRENT TRENDS. International Journal of Surgery and Medicine, [online] 2(3). Available at: http://10.5455/ijsm.contralateral-prophylactic-mastectomy.
Latest from Super User
- PHYLLODES TUMOR OF THE BREAST : A CLINICOPATHOLOGICAL ANALYSIS FROM A SINGLE INSTITUTION
- SMALL-CELL NEUROENDOCRINE CARCINOMA OF NASOPHARYNX: A CASE REPORT
- PREDICTIVE VALUE OF SIMPLE BIOMARKERS OF MORTALITY IN PATIENTS WITH SEVERE HEART FAILURE IN EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT IN SUEZ CANAL UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL IN ISMAILIA
- AWAKE VIDEOTHORACOSCOPIC RESECTION WITH THE HELP OF THORACAL PARAVERTEBRAL BLOCK: TWO CASE REPORT AND REVIEW OF LITERATURE
- ISOLATED BLADDER RUPTURE IN AN ELDERLY PATIENT AFTER BLUNT TRAUMA. CASE REPORT AND REVIEW