1) Radiology Unit, Department of Surgical and Biomedical Science, S.M. Misericordia Hospital, University of Perugia, Sant’Andrea delle Fratte, Perugia, Italy.
2) Oncology Unit, Department of Surgical and Biomedical Science, S.M. Misericordia Hospital, University of Perugia, Sant’Andrea delle Fratte, Perugia, Italy.
3) Orthopaedic Unit, Department of Surgical and Biomedical Science, S.M. Misericordia Hospital, University of Perugia, Sant’Andrea delle Fratte, Perugia, Italy.
4) Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences and Neuroscience, Section of Orthopedics and Traumatology, University of Siena, University Hospital “Santa Maria alle Scotte”, Siena, Italy.
5) U.O.C. Orthopedics and Traumatology, Azienda Ospedaliera “Gaetano Rummo”, Benevento, Italy.
Disclosure: The author has declared no conflicts of interest.
Received: 04.06.16 Accepted: 09.07.16
Renal tumor has a high incidence of bone metastasis (BM). BM are burdened by a considerable morbidity and are the most common cause of cancer-related pain. Local treatment of metastases remains controversial despite showing promising results for pain control.
We would like to report our experience with a patient who developed foot bone metastasis 3 years after a left nephrectomy for a renal cell carcinoma. Metastasis were treated in two session of CT-guided microwave ablation. One lesion in the first session and three, simultaneously, in the second one. Cement augmentation was performed in all cases. No complications were noticed.
The patient showed good pain control immediately after the procedure and on follow-up at six months.
Keywords: Renal Cell Carcinoma Metastases; Foot Bone Metastases; Simultaneous Microwave Ablation; CT Guided Microwave Ablation; Pain Therapy
How to Cite this ArticleMaiettini, D., Bisaccia, M., Caraffa, A., Meccariello, L., Falzarano, G., Medici, A., Rossi, M., Piscitelli, L., Metro, G. and Rebonato, A. (2016). MULTIPLE FOOT BONE RENAL CELL CARCINOMA METASTASES: FEASIBILITY OF SIMULTANEOUS CT-GUIDED MICROWAVE ABLATION. International Journal of Surgery and Medicine, [online] 2(3). Available at: http://10.5455/ijsm.bone-renal-cell-carcinoma-metastases.
Latest from Super User
- A Comparative Study of Risk Stratifications Scores for Acute Heart Failure Patients in the Emergency Department, Egypt
- PHYLLODES TUMOR OF THE BREAST : A CLINICOPATHOLOGICAL ANALYSIS FROM A SINGLE INSTITUTION
- SMALL-CELL NEUROENDOCRINE CARCINOMA OF NASOPHARYNX: A CASE REPORT
- PREDICTIVE VALUE OF SIMPLE BIOMARKERS OF MORTALITY IN PATIENTS WITH SEVERE HEART FAILURE IN EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT IN SUEZ CANAL UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL IN ISMAILIA
- AWAKE VIDEOTHORACOSCOPIC RESECTION WITH THE HELP OF THORACAL PARAVERTEBRAL BLOCK: TWO CASE REPORT AND REVIEW OF LITERATURE