The contemporary tendency for increase of prophylactic surgical procedures as part of the sophisticated treatment of breast cancer is the foundation for the present study.
Evaluation of risk factors for developing contralateral breast cancer, factors for an increase in prophylactic mastectomies and indications for performing those operations are briefly commented. Analysis of 12 cases of the authors surgical practice is presented regarding treatment approach from the oncological, reconstructive and aesthetic point of view. Results, complications, alternative methods, clinical importance and possible future aspects are discussed.
Authors: Roman Romansky1, George Baytchev2, Ivan Inkov2, Stefan Komitski1
Affiliations: 1) Clinic of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, University Hospital “Alexandrovska”, Sofia, Bulgaria.
2) Department of Thoracic Surgery, Military Medical Academy, Sofia, Bulgaria.
Disclosure: The author has declared no conflicts of interest.
Received: 02.06.16 Accepted: 31.06.16
How to Cite this ArticleRomansky, R., Baytchev, G., Inkov, I. and Komitski, S. (2016). CONTRALATERAL PROPHYLACTIC MASTECTOMY AND SIMULTANEOUS BREAST RECONSTRUCTION WITH IMPLANTS AFTER ONE SIDED BREAST CANCER: ANALYSIS OF 12 CASES IN CONTEXT OF THE CURRENT TRENDS. International Journal of Surgery and Medicine, [online] 2(3). Available at: http://10.5455/ijsm.contralateral-prophylactic-mastectomy.
Latest from Super User
- EVALUATION OF NUTRITIONAL STATUS IN HEMODIALYSIS PATIENTS
- A Comparative Study of Risk Stratifications Scores for Acute Heart Failure Patients in the Emergency Department, Egypt
- PHYLLODES TUMOR OF THE BREAST : A CLINICOPATHOLOGICAL ANALYSIS FROM A SINGLE INSTITUTION
- SMALL-CELL NEUROENDOCRINE CARCINOMA OF NASOPHARYNX: A CASE REPORT
- PREDICTIVE VALUE OF SIMPLE BIOMARKERS OF MORTALITY IN PATIENTS WITH SEVERE HEART FAILURE IN EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT IN SUEZ CANAL UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL IN ISMAILIA