1) Stanley Medical College, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India.
2) Saveetha Medical College, Thandalam, Tamilnadu, India.
3) Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai, India.
Disclosure: The author has declared no conflicts of interest.
Received: 06.09.15 Accepted: 03.10.15
True Popliteal artery aneurysm is the most common of all the peripheral artery aneurysms. We present a case of proximal popliteal artery aneurysm involvement both lower limb presented with gangrene in one lower limb and incapacitating claudication pain on the other lower limb. We have successfully repaired both sides aneurysm in the same sitting with Poly Tetra Fluro Ethylene (PTFE) graft, as the patient also had multiple venous perforators’ involvement on both sides, which left us only with synthetic graft repair option rather than venous graft repair.
Keywords: Aneurysm, Popliteal artery, Gangrene, Poly Tetra Fluro Ethylene (PTFE)
How to Cite this ArticleGanapathy, T., Gnanasekaran, M. and Moorthy, A. (2016). RARE PRESENTATION OF SYMPTOMATIC BILATERAL PROXIMAL POPLITEAL ARTERY ANEURYSM. International Journal of Surgery and Medicine, [online] 2(3). Available at: http://10.5455/ijsm.20151003095138.
Latest from Super User
- A Comparative Study of Risk Stratifications Scores for Acute Heart Failure Patients in the Emergency Department, Egypt
- PHYLLODES TUMOR OF THE BREAST : A CLINICOPATHOLOGICAL ANALYSIS FROM A SINGLE INSTITUTION
- SMALL-CELL NEUROENDOCRINE CARCINOMA OF NASOPHARYNX: A CASE REPORT
- PREDICTIVE VALUE OF SIMPLE BIOMARKERS OF MORTALITY IN PATIENTS WITH SEVERE HEART FAILURE IN EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT IN SUEZ CANAL UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL IN ISMAILIA
- AWAKE VIDEOTHORACOSCOPIC RESECTION WITH THE HELP OF THORACAL PARAVERTEBRAL BLOCK: TWO CASE REPORT AND REVIEW OF LITERATURE