1) Department of Radiotherapy, National Institute of Oncology, Mohammed V University in Rabat, Morocco.
2) Department of Radiotherapy, International University Hospital Sheikh Khalifa, Casablanca, Morocco
3) Department of Medical Oncology, National Institute of Oncology, Rabat, Morocco.
Disclosure: The author has declared no conflicts of interest.
Received: 11.07.16 Accepted: 01.08.16
The aim of our study is to examine the clinical and pathological features of patients with breast phyllodes tumors and to determine features that are correlated to outcome. Forty four phyllodes tumors were assessed. There were 11 benign, 11 borderline and 22 malignant tumors. 10 of 44 patients (22.72 %) relapsed at any site. Seven patients (15.9 %) had a local recurrence and 3 patients experienced local and metastatic relapse. The 5-year and 10-year survival rates are 97% and 95 % respectively. The 5 years and 10 years DFS are 81% and 77% respectively. Grade, histological size, margin involvement impacted disease free survival. Adjuvant radiation therapy improved local control in high grade tumors although it did not reach significance.
Keywords: Phyllodes tumors, recurrence, prognostic factors
How to Cite this ArticleBenhmidou, N. et al., 2017. PHYLLODES TUMOR OF THE BREAST : A CLINICOPATHOLOGICAL ANALYSIS FROM A SINGLE INSTITUTION. International Journal of Surgery and Medicine, 3(2), p.1. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.5455/ijsm.phyllodes-tumor-breast.
- SOLID PAPILLARY CARCINOMA OF THE BREAST: A REVIEW
- MESENTERIC PANNICULITIS IN THE ELDERLY – UPDATE ON DIAGNOSTIC AND THERAPEUTIC APPROACH
- HORMONE THERAPY IN ADVANCED ER+/HER2- NEGATIVE BREAST CANCER WITH PI3K INHIBITORS: A REVIEW OF THE LITERATURE
- INTERVENTION OR SURVEILLANCE? CURRENT EVIDENCE IN VISCERAL ARTERY ANEURYSMS
- BREAST DENSITY EVALUATION: A COMPARISON BETWEEN ASSESSMENT BY A RADIOLOGIST AND THE COMPUTER-ASSISTED THRESHOLD TECHNIQUE
Latest from Super User
- EVALUATION OF NUTRITIONAL STATUS IN HEMODIALYSIS PATIENTS
- A Comparative Study of Risk Stratifications Scores for Acute Heart Failure Patients in the Emergency Department, Egypt
- SMALL-CELL NEUROENDOCRINE CARCINOMA OF NASOPHARYNX: A CASE REPORT
- PREDICTIVE VALUE OF SIMPLE BIOMARKERS OF MORTALITY IN PATIENTS WITH SEVERE HEART FAILURE IN EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT IN SUEZ CANAL UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL IN ISMAILIA
- AWAKE VIDEOTHORACOSCOPIC RESECTION WITH THE HELP OF THORACAL PARAVERTEBRAL BLOCK: TWO CASE REPORT AND REVIEW OF LITERATURE